Schools can apply for a development grant of up to £3,000.
Cycle Friendly Secondary School Award Development Grant
The aim of the Cycle Friendly Secondary School Award Development Grant is to support pupils to develop as cycle champions and implement action plans that will enable more people to cycle to and from school.
Schools must complete a short online self-assessment before submitting a grant application form.
Who can apply?
The Cycle Friendly Secondary School Award Development Grant is open to all secondary schools in Scotland that are working to address the cycling needs of their school. Local Authorities are not able to apply for a Development Grant, except in cases where they are supporting a school led initiative.
To be eligible for the grant, the online self-assessment must be completed. This process outlines what areas of the criteria you are currently meeting or working towards meeting. The development grants will be granted to secondary schools who are specifically using the grant to meet criteria they otherwise would not meet without this support. Further guidance can be found in the Cycle Friendly Secondary School Handbook
Schools that have previously secured funding from Cycling Scotland are eligible to apply.
How to apply
- Register with the Cycle Friendly Secondary School Award process and complete a self-assessment
- Review self-assessment and identify any barriers and opportunities to increase cycling to and from school
- Identify who will take the role of School Cycle Champion (suggested teams of 4 to 6 pupils)
- Review the Development Grant criteria and guidance notes before completing your application form
- Send the completed application form to email@example.com
Download the application form here.
Download the guidance notes here.
Applications will usually be processed within 4 weeks from the application deadline.
There is a limited amount of funding available for Development Grants during 2016-17.
Secondary schools are encouraged to start on their funding bid at the very earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The application submission deadline is 5pm Monday 5th December, 2016